Assistant Kitchen Manager
Beerhouse on Long in Cape Town, and Beerhouse Fourways in Johannesburg, are each looking for an ambitious Assistant Kitchen Manager to bring value to our growing restaurant/bar business. Do you wish to join a food revolution? Beerhouse’s one of a kind Brew Food Menu is a unique offering of food and beer fusion. If you want to work in the forefront of a culinary movement, thrive in a high pressure and constantly challenging environment then you need to join the yellow family at Beerhouse. If you thrive in taking on the responsibility of running a kitchen operation and want to grow your professional skill set develop a successful career path then Beerhouse is where you need to be.
Join the Brew Food Revolution!
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of a busy kitchen.
- Establish the kitchen as a positive work environment for all.
- Maintain a high standard of service always.
- Ensure all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature.
- Order supplies and monitor deliveries.
- Ensure products used are of a high standard.
- Accountable for stock levels of fresh produce and availability of menu items.
- Reduction of stock wastage, loss and breakages to a minimum and record accordingly.
- Completion of regular stock takes ensuring GP is achieved and maintained.
- Flexible attitude to filling shifts as required, ensuring the kitchen is always fully staffed and managed.
- Timely communication of issues to management.
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation and HACCP guidelines are implemented, adhered to and reviewed regularly, in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
- Knowledge and understanding of a busy kitchen environment.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a similar operation.
- Excellent time management and timekeeping.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and deliver without compromise.
- Good focus and ambition.
- Excellent health and hygiene controls.
- Possess a keen eye for detail.
- Own transport an advantage due to the nature of some shifts.
If you meet our minimum requirements, please forward your CV to email@example.com, citing the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Closing date for all applications is Wednesday, 13th September 2017.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful. Beerhouse (Pty) Ltd & its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in employing a workforce from varied backgrounds in compliance with South African Labour Legislation & we encourage South African citizens from all backgrounds to apply for this position.