Do you love beer? Do you love food? Do you love people? Are you ready to join the Beer Revolution and start a rewarding professional career with Beerhouse? Do you excel at the below mentioned duties and responsibilities? Do you have a minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role? Do you meet the job requirements? Then we are looking for YOU!!!
Beerhouse Fourways (Pty) Ltd is seeking a full-time bartender to join their busy Bar and Restaurant.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Front of House (Daily Task)
- Collect empty glasses from the bar during busy periods.
- Wash glassware. When washing glassware, use warm soapy water to wash, clean water to rise and cold sanitizer to sanitize the glassware.
- Chilling the Glassware, ready for immediate bar use.
- Ensure bar is clean and presentable always.
- Polish glassware when quiet enough to do so.
- Polish Champaign, Wine and Stem glasses daily.
- Restock beer, liquor, etc.
- Dispose of wasted beer, by communicating effectively with Bartenders and Managers.
- Accountable for opening and closing procedures.
- Helping the bartenders with whatever task might be needed of them.
- Ensure proper care over the bar equipment, i.e. Glasswasher
Store Room (Daily Task)
- Organising and packing delivered stock into store room.
- Make sure that the cold room is clean and organized.
- Help with reorganising of store room and fridges when a new menu gets launched.
- 1-2 years recent and stable experience in a similar position in bar and restaurant operations.
- Good timekeeping & able to work shifts (nights and weekends)
- Excited and passionate about beer.
- Self-motivated & driven.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
- Honest, trustworthy, highly responsible & reliable with problem solving abilities.
- Previous point of sale system experiences an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous always.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services. This includes guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction.
If you meet our minimum requirements, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Closing date for all applications is Monday, 11th December 2017.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful. Beerhouse (Pty) Ltd & its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in employing a workforce from varied backgrounds in compliance with South African Labour Legislation & we encourage South African citizens from all backgrounds to apply for this position.