Front of House Manager
Do you love beer? Do you love food? Do you love people? Are you passionate about managing a Bar / Restaurant operation? A fast learner, with business acumen, have a good sense of teamwork and a passion for Beer and good food? Are you ready to join the Beer Revolution and start a rewarding professional career with Beerhouse?
Do you excel at the below mentioned duties and responsibilities? Do you have a minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role? Do you satisfy the minimum requirements?
Front of House ( Daily Task)
- Performs the role of “Standard Bearer”: Setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guest needs and expectations.
- Ensure exceptional guest satisfaction throughout an outstanding experience
- Ensure vision, mission and values are adhered to throughout all operational facets
- Enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Brief staff on specials, items running low and beers that need to be shifted.
- Working with head chef to ensure smooth operation from kitchen to table.
- Create work sections for waiting staff.
- Order back of house supplies and maintain and stock waiters stations
- Evaluating, developing and enforcing procedures and policies. Constantly assessing and looking for ways and procedures to improve service at the Beerhouse
- Dealing with and resolving customer concerns and complaints
- Recording incidents in hand over document.
Accountable for Cash Ups (Daily Activity): ‘
- Record all wastage
- Reconcile daily takings.
- Float management
- Accountable for Change box and Petty cash.
- Put in request for change if needed.
- Account for all product cancellations
- Complete Handover Document
Closing Down Procedures (Daily Activity):
- Accountable for closing procedures.
- Complete handover document recording.
- Ensure all doors are locked and BH is secure.
- Accountable for securing building at end of trading day.
HR: Training and staff development (Daily Activity):
- To continually monitor, assess and train floor staff
- Assist in recruiting, induction, training and motivating new staff.
- Assist General Manager in creating the staff rota
- Co – chair monthly meetings with staff. Action improvements noted in minutes.
- Assist General Manager with disciplinary procedures.
Inventory Management (Daily Activity):
- Assist Stock Manager and General Manager with Daily stock counts.
- Issuing stock during shift. Accurate recording of Stock issued from store.
- Complete handover document with, out of stocks, product returns and stock received.
- Investigating discrepancies in stock counts enforce sanctions and take corrective actions.
If you meet our minimum requirements, please forward your CV to email@example.com, citing the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful. Beerhouse (Pty) Ltd & its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in employing a workforce from varied backgrounds in compliance with South African Labour Legislation & we encourage South African citizens from all backgrounds to apply for this position.