Beerhouse on Long in Cape Town and Beerhouse Fourways in Johannesburg are each looking for an ambitious Line Cook to bring value to our growing restaurant/bar business. Do you wish to join a food revolution? Beerhouse’s one of a kind Brew Food Menu is a unique offering of food and beer fusion. If you want to work in the forefront of a culinary movement, thrive in a high pressure and constantly challenging environment then you need to join the yellow family at Beerhouse. If you thrive in taking on the responsibility of running a kitchen operation and want to grow your professional skill set develop a successful career path, then Beerhouse is where you need to be. Join the Brew Food Revolution!
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Deputise in the absence of the Senior Chef.
- Assisting the Senior Chef in the day to day management of preparation and service in a busy kitchen.
- Establish the kitchen as a positive work environment for all.
- Maintain a high standard of service always.
- Ensure all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature.
- Ensure products used are of a high standard.
- Assisting the Senior Chef in the ordering of supplies and monitoring deliveries.
- Assisting the Senior Chef in maintaining par stock levels.
- Reduction of stock wastage, loss and breakages to a minimum and record accordingly.
- Having a flexible attitude to filling shifts as required, ensuring the kitchen is always fully staffed and managed.
- Training and development of junior kitchen staff.
- Timely communication of issues to Senior Chef / Kitchen Manager / Management.
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation and HACCP guidelines are adhered to in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
- Attend training course as and when required.
- A recognised catering qualification would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of a busy kitchen environment.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar establishment.
- Excellent time management and timekeeping.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and deliver without compromise.
- Good focus and ambition.
- Excellent health and hygiene standards.
- Possess a keen eye for detail.
- Own transport an advantage due to the nature of some shifts.
If you meet our minimum requirements, please forward your CV to email@example.com, citing the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Closing date for all applications is Monday, 11th December 2017.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful. Beerhouse (Pty) Ltd & its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in employing a workforce from varied backgrounds in compliance with South African Labour Legislation & we encourage South African citizens from all backgrounds to apply for this position.