Do you love beer? Do you love food? Do you love people? Are you ready to join the Beer Revolution and start a rewarding professional career with Beerhouse? Do you excel at the below mentioned duties and responsibilities? Do you have a minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role? Do you meet the job requirements? Then we are looking for YOU!!!
Beerhouse Long Street is seeking a full-time bartender to join their busy Bar and Restaurant.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Understanding and complying with the responsible service of alcohol.
- Describing and recommending beers to customers.
- Understanding and knowing the history of beers.
- Serving food and drink to the defined standards of Beerhouse.
- Being responsible and accountable for all transactions (credit card, cash and SnapScan) that
- occurs during your shift.
- Assisting with Inventory Management and Bar Maintenance.
- Removing dishes and glasses from counters and taking them to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Maintaining excellent hygiene standards of the bar and restaurant always.
- Following opening and closing procedures and maintaining mise-en-place (preparation and
- anticipating the needs of the shift).
- Knowing your ROTA and maintaining flexibility for work requests.
Our minimum requirements:
- 1-2 years recent and stable experience, more experience an asset, in a similar position in bar and restaurant operations.
- Good timekeeping & able to work Shifts
- Excited and passionate about beer.
- Ability to organise transport and able to work nights and weekends
- Self-motivated & driven
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication abilities
- Honest, trustworthy highly responsible & reliable, problem solving abilities
- Previous point of sale system experiences an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services. This includes guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction.
If you meet our minimum requirements, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Closing date for all applications is Thursday, 26th October 2017.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful. Beerhouse (Pty) Ltd & its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in employing a workforce from varied backgrounds in compliance with South African Labour Legislation & we encourage South African citizens from all backgrounds to apply for this position.