BACK OF HOUSE MANAGER
Do you love beer? Do you love food? Do you love people? Are you passionate about managing a Bar / Restaurant operation? A fast learner, with business acumen, have a good sense of teamwork and a passion for Beer and good food? Are you ready to join the Beer Revolution and start a rewarding professional career with Beerhouse?
Do you excel at the below mentioned duties and responsibilities? Do you have a minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role? Do you satisfy the minimum requirements?
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Initiating and being accountable for Daily Stock Counts within a reasonable time
- Record Daily Stock Counts to Marketman
- Investigating discrepancies in stock counts enforce sanctions and take corrective actions.
- Issuing stock during shift. Accurate recording of Stock issued from store.
- Create handover document for FOH management with, out of stocks, product returns and stock received.
- Initiate and maintain par levels for stock holding.
- Complete Monthly Stock Take.
- Complete Monthly Inventory Report online with holding stock value, monthly purchase values, wastage and discount totals and discrepancies reports.
Ordering & Receiving Stock:
- Maintaining efficient levels of inventory through the use of par levels, budgets and forecasting techniques.
- Raise Purchase Orders, match Purchase Orders with stock items received. Report and investigate discrepancies
- Track and chase up credit notes for deposits and returned stock.
- Receive stock and allocate to storage areas.
- Accountable for security of stock at all times.
- Accountable for stock rotation and maintaining the first in last out stock rotation method.
- Upload received stock items to Marketman ensuring stock holding figures are always accurate.
- Maintain and continually improve Inventory procedures to maximize the Company’s outputs.
- Maintain all data on POS. Updating prices and products
- Creating new menu items and uploading to Beerhouse POS systems.
- Organizing data according to standard procedure.
- Analyzing and using POS data to efficiently manage inventory.
- Maintain existing supplier relationships. Ensuring through co-ordination with accounts department that. payment terms are met.
- Foster new supplier relationships.
- Monitor stock and price deals. Report any irregularity in prices to Operations.
- Assist Operations with price negotiations across product range to maximise profit.
- Training Staff to become efficient in assisting with stock takes through accurate counting procedures.
- Training staff in best practice to record wastage.
- Training Staff to minimize waste through best practice pouring methods and stock rotation.
- Lead but empower staff to take ownership of the inventory process.
- Assist GM and Managers with answering telephones and recording of bookings.
- Assist FOH staff with transfers and enquiries when needed.
- Ensure that Cold rooms and Stockroom is hygienically clean by applying and monitoring cleaning schedule.
- Opening of store and monitoring opening procedures from time to time when needed.
Accountable for Cash Ups (Daily Activity):
- Record all wastage
- Reconcile daily takings.
- Float management
- Accountable for Change box and Petty cash.
- Put in request for change if needed.
- Account for all product cancellations
- Complete Handover Document
If you meet our minimum requirements, please forward your CV to email@example.com, citing the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful. Beerhouse (Pty) Ltd & its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in employing a workforce from varied backgrounds in compliance with South African Labour Legislation & we encourage South African citizens from all backgrounds to apply for this position.