Do you love beer? Do you love food? Do you love people? Are you ready to join the Beer Revolution and start a rewarding professional career with Beerhouse? Do you excel at the below mentioned duties and responsibilities? Do you have a minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role? Do you meet the job requirements? Then we are looking for YOU!!!
Beerhouse Fourways is seeking a full-time waiter to join their busy Bar and Restaurant.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Front of House ( Daily Task)
- Performs the role of “Standard Bearer”: Setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guest needs and expectations.
- Ensure exceptional guest satisfaction throughout an outstanding experience
- Ensure vision, mission and values are adhered to throughout all operational facets
- Enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Brief staff on specials, items running low and beers that need to be shifted.
- Working with head chef to ensure smooth operation from kitchen to table
- Create work sections for waiting staff.
- Evaluating, developing and enforcing procedures and policies. Constantly assessing and looking for ways and procedures to improve service at the Beerhouse
- Dealing with and resolving customer concerns and complaints
- Record incidents
Accountable for Cash Ups (Daily Activity):
- Record all wastage
- Count tills end of night. Recount if discrepancies.
- Check Till Floats
- Replenishes tills with change
- Accountable for change box and petty cash.
- Put in request for change if needed.
- Account for all product cancellations
- Leave office in respectful state
Opening and Closing Down Procedures (Daily Activity):
- Accountable for opening and closing procedures.
- Check all closing procedures the night before were completed – note any variance.
- Ensure bar and store room is set up for shift.
- Check managers and bar book at beginning of day for previous shifts notes.
- Check all facets of closing down procedure are completed before staff is allowed to leave.
- Issue staff drinks.
- Note in Managers Book any issues, concerns, stock running low or maintenance work required
- Ensure all doors are locked and BH is secure.
- Set alarm and check door is closed properly
HR: Training and staff development (Daily Activity):
- To continually monitor, asses and train floor staff
- Assist in recruiting, induction, training and motivating new staff.
- Assist General Manager in creating the staff rota
- Chair monthly bi-weekly meetings with floor staff. Action improvements noted in minutes.
- Assist General Manager with disciplinary procedures.
Inventory & Stock Management (Daily Activity):
- Weekly Stock take & ordering of glass and bar supplies
- Order back of house supplies and maintain and stock waiters stations
Floor Maintenance (Daily Activity):
- Accountable for all equipment maintenance – cleaning of lines
- Weekly and monthly cleaning schedules
Our minimum requirements:
- 1-2 years recent and stable experience, more experience an asset, in a similar position in bar and restaurant operations.
- Good timekeeping & able to work Shifts
- Excited and passionate about beer.
- Ability to organise transport and able to work nights and weekends
- Self-motivated & driven
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication abilities
- Honest, trustworthy highly responsible & reliable, problem solving abilities
- Previous point of sale system experiences an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services. This includes guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction.
If you meet our minimum requirements, please forward your CV to email@example.com, citing the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful. Beerhouse (Pty) Ltd & its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in employing a workforce from varied backgrounds in compliance with South African Labour Legislation & we encourage South African citizens from all backgrounds to apply for this position.